In the world of nutrition, there is an unsung hero who is frequently disregarded in the glitz and glamour of fad diets and superfoods. It doesn't have any eye-catching colors or strong flavors, but despite this, it has an astonishing impact on our health.
Permit me to introduce you to the dietary fibre, the unheralded champion of a healthy diet, in this blog post. In this article, we'll discuss the advantages of consuming fibre, its dietary sources, the ideal daily intake, and how True Elements products can easily meet our fibre requirements.
Soluble fibre and insoluble fibre are the two different forms of fibre.
Understanding Dietary Fiber:
The indigestible components of plant-based foods that pass through our digestive systems relatively undamaged are referred to as dietary fibre. Fibre is not digested and absorbed by the body like other nutrients. Instead, it adds volume, facilitates digestion, and has a number of positive health effects.
Fibre that is soluble in water turns into a gel-like material in the digestive system. By slowing down digestion, this kind of fibre promotes a more progressive release of nutrients and a steadier blood sugar level. Additionally, it enhances heart health and lowers cholesterol levels. Because they are a superior source of soluble fibre, True Elements Chia Seeds are a fantastic addition to your diet.
Contrarily, insoluble fibre adds volume to the stool, encourages regular bowel movements, and prevents constipation because it does not dissolve in water. By preventing diverticulosis from developing, it also contributes to the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract. Rolled Oats from True Elements are a nutritious choice because they are high in insoluble fibre and can be incorporate in your daily lifestyle.
The advantages of including fibre in your diet include:
1. Better Digestion: Fibre works as a natural laxative to promote regular bowel motions and avoid constipation. It gives the stool more volume and supports the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract.
2. Weight management: Foods high in fibre often have few calories and make you feel fuller for a longer period. By consuming less calories overall, including fiber-rich foods in your diet will help you control your weight.
3. Blood Sugar Control: Slowing down the digestion process, which soluble fibre does, helps control blood sugar levels and prevents sharp ups and downs. For those who have diabetes or who are at risk of developing it, this is very advantageous.
4. Heart Health: Studies have indicated that soluble fibre can reduce levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart disease and promoting cardiovascular health.
Dietary Sources of Fibre: Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds are just a few examples of the plant-based foods that are rich in fibre. You can easily fulfil your daily fibre needs by include a wide variety of these items in your diet.
Fibre Recommendation: For adults, a daily fibre intake of 25 to 38 grammes is advised. Studies, though, seem to indicate that most people fall short of this objective. Products from True Elements can help fill up this gap by offering a handy and dependable source of dietary fibre.
Products from True Elements for Your Fibre Needs:
1. True Elements Rolled Oats: These rolled oats are a great option for breakfast because they are a good source of insoluble fibre. They can be used in baking dishes, smoothies and muesli.
2. Chia seeds from True Elements are a great source of soluble fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. They can be used as an egg substitute in baking dishes, as well as a topping for yoghurt and smoothies.
3. True Elements Antioxidant Mix: This blend mixes dried fruits, fiber-rich nuts, and seeds. It not only gives enough fibre but also vital nutrients and antioxidants that promote general health.
Authored By: Dt. Urvi Gajra
- Clinical Dietitian