It's that time of the year when diet plans and workout schedules go for a toss! In India, Diwali is the most awaited festival of the year. Diwali fun is incomplete without family, friends and lots of delicious food!
Don't you agree?
There is nothing wrong with enjoying the festival, but at the same time, you can give your Diwali Sweets or Snacks a healthy twist. Small tweaks to traditional Diwali Faral recipes will allow you to indulge guilt-free while maintaining your calorie count for the day. True Elements has a good range of products that can be used to make your Diwali Snacks and sweets wholesome!
What can we make for Diwali?
- Oats ladoo
- Oats chivda
- Oats & nuts barfi
- Ragi chakli
- Ragi ladoo
- Jowar sev
- Jowar flakes chivda
- Oats karanji
- Mixed Nuts Ladoo
Like any other dish, there are many variations to prepare ladoos too. Replacing Ingredients with healthier options will make your ladoos a balanced snack that is not just Melt-In-Your-Mouth delicious but also packed with Nutrients such as healthy fats, essential proteins and good complex carbs.
Steps to follow:
- Add one cup of True Elements Rolled Oats and roast them on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Grind them in a grinder.
- Add 1 ⁄ 2 cup of True Elements Panch Ratna Trail Mix, and roast them on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Mix it well.
- Add the powdered Rolled Oats and trail mix in a grinder together. Add 1 Cup Dates Puree, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp cardamom powder. Grind them all.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll each into a round ball to give the ladoos their perfect shape!
Sev is one of the main Diwali snacks, but it is usually made from besan and is deep fried making it not so healthy. Jowar sev can be a good snack option as it is high in various minerals such as zinc, manganese and many more.
Steps To Follow:
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of True Elements Jowar Flour, 1/4th Cup Wheat Flour, ½ tsp turmeric powder, salt for taste, and ½ tsp carom seeds.
- Add 2 Tbsp hot ghee into the mixture, and mix the dry ingredients with ghee. Knead it with lukewarm water.
- With the Sev maker, press Sev in an oven container/air fryer. Bake it at 150 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Jowar flour sev is a healthier option over regular sev as it is baked and not fried, plus with the goodness of millets.
Here is another calcium-rich sweet treat for Diwali to enjoy with your family. Ragi is the healthier alternative for your sweets.
Steps to Follow:
- Add 1 cup of True Elements Ragi Atta to a pan and roast it until it gives a sweet aroma on medium flame.
- Add 2 Tbsp ghee into the same pan and roast it until the mixture comes together.
- Take the mixture in a bowl & add ½ Cup crushed jaggery/ you can even use stevia as a sweetener. Mix it well.
- Add the mixture into a greased pan, spread it evenly and let it cool.
- Cut into equal pieces and it's ready to serve!
You can make your own healthy versions of these recipes using other True Element products such as True Elements Bajra Atta, True Elements Jowar Flakes, and True Elements Ragi Flakes.
Wishing you all a very Happy & Guilt free Diwali!
Authored By: Nt. Anuja Dani
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
Certified Sports Nutritionist
Certified Diabetes Educator