Diwali, the Festival of Lights, is incomplete without tasty food and delicacies. But indulgences in festive foods don’t go without the guilt.
So, here we are, bringing you diet tips post-Diwali to shed those extra kilos gained during celebrations.
Master Cleanse the Body:
- Detoxification gets rid of toxins from your body through proper dietary choices.
- Best Detox foods include Fresh vegetable salads, Infused water with Lemon, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Basil, Ginger, Wheatgrass powder, Apple cider vinegar, Ajwain, Black jeera and Green smoothies.
Add More Protein:
- Protein has been shown to promote satiety, help maintain lean body mass, and reduce the efficiency of storing extra calories as body fat, which eventually helps with weight loss.
- Foods such as Lean meat, Egg, Paneer, Mushroom, True Elements 7 in-1 Seed mix, True Elements Baked Nuts, True Elements Quinoa, True Elements Almond Flour etc, are rich sources of protein.
Include Good Fibre:
- Fibre helps improve the gut microbiome, is anti-inflammatory, and reduces appetite, which helps reduce cravings that influence weight loss.
- Foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, True Elements Rolled Oats, True Elements Daily Mix, True Elements Mixed Seeds etc, are rich in fibre.
Restrict Sugar Intake:
- As festive days are loaded with desi sweets and crunchy fried snacks, cutting down on sugars aids weight loss and heart disease, among other health benefits.
- Guilt-free snacks like True Elements Crunchy Minis Chocolate, True Elements Namkeen Mix etc can be taken during cravings.
Ensure Physical Activity:
- Physical activity increases metabolism and people's total energy expenditure and helps to decrease excess fat deposition in the body.
- After the festive season, it can be a little challenging for everyone to get back on track, but you must take care of your body and develop a clear timetable for exercise.
Detailed diet plan to reduce weight in 5 days:
There are plenty of diets that helps to regulate weight, post Diwali. Here's a simple diet plan which stimulates weight loss:
- Wakeup Drink: Lemon Warm Water
- Breakfast: True Elements Rolled Oats + True Elements 9 In 1 Mix + Guava
- Lunch: Wheat Roti + Veg Subzi + Boiled Egg
- Snack: Green Tea + True Elements Granola Bites Protein
- Dinner: Paneer Capsicum Veg Sandwich With True Elements Peanut Butter
- Wakeup Drink: Apple Cider Vinegar With Warm Water
- Breakfast: Vegetable Poha With Peanuts
- Lunch: Brown Rice + Sambar With Veggies + Curd
- Snack: Orange + True Elements Healthy Nuts And Berries Mix
- Dinner: Pumpkin Soup With Tossed Mushroom And Veggies
- Wakeup Drink: Ginger Cinnamon Water
- Breakfast: True Elements Muesli + True Elements Halim Raw Seeds + Apple
- Lunch: True Elements Ragi Balls + Chicken Curry + Veg Salad
- Snack: Pomegranate + True Elements Chatpata Mix
- Dinner: Dal Khichdi With Veggies
- Wakeup Drink: Basil Turmeric With Warm Water
- Breakfast: Green Smoothie With True Elements Antioxidant Mix
- Lunch: True Elements Quinoa Boiled With Amaranth Curry
- Snack: Amla + True Elements Millet Mix
- Dinner: Egg Dosa + Tomato Chutney
- Wakeup Drink: True Elements Kalonji With Warm Water
- Breakfast: Moong Dal Cheela With Mint Chutney
- Lunch: True Elements Jowar Roti With Fenugreek Leaves + Bengal Gram Chutney
- Snack: Lemon Tea + True Elements Berries Mix
- Dinner: Sago Upma With Soy Chunks And Veggies
While the festival season means a lot of unhealthy eating and snacking, if we take proper care of eating habits and routine before and after the season, you can avoid all the post festival weight gain.
Authored By: Dt. Anuritha